Tuesday, August 5, 2008

IN THE KITCHEN WITH LOIS...

Hay guys!

Yesterday it was 103 degrees out side (in Texas) and Sherry and I decided that it was just too hot to do much, so I looked up this recipe and made it to take to my Sunday School class. It's called The Tunnel Of Fudge. Its from Paula Deen, The Lady and Sons cook book:

The Tunnel Of Fudge
3/4 pound (3 sticks) butter
6 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
One 12 1/2 oz can creamy double dutch Icing (can be altered, I used milk chocolate.)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups of any chopped nut (I used 1 cup of chopped walnuts and 1 cup of crushed toffee and chocolate bits)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter in a large bowl at high speed . Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Add sugar gradually, creaming at high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. By hand stir in the frosting and nuts until well blended. Pour batter into well-greased well-floured bunt cake pan. Bake the cake for 60-65 minutes. Cool 2 hours before removing from pan. The cake will have a brownie like crust and a moist center with little tunnels of fudge inside.

I really hope that you enjoy this recipe keep checking the site for more of my recipes.

Cook’in it it up!!
Lois Jacks

No comments: